In our last post, we began our series on 4 simple factors in creating the ultimate dining room for the holiday season. We mentioned that these factors are: Table Selection, Seating Selection, Lighting Selection, and Atmosphere.
Today, we will explore the second item in our list: SEATING SELECTION
Arm Chair vs Arm-less
1. Arm Chair
- The more formal looking option for dining chairs.
- Can take up more space than arm-less chairs.
- A perfect way to add personality to the dining room.
- Often function best at the head of each table.
2. Arm-less Chair
- Many styles and comfort levels to choose from.
- Can sit closer together, allowing more chairs at the table.
Fabric vs Leather vs Wood/Metal
- The more warm and cozy option.
- Hundreds of styles and patterns to choose from.
- More options to add personality to the space.
- More difficult to maintain and keep clean.
- Many colors and styles to choose from.
- Cooler to the touch, which can sometimes make the room feel cool.
- Moderate to maintain and keep clean.
- Easier to maintain and keep clean.
- Less comfortable.
Bench or Banquette Seating
- Perfect for fitting larger amounts of people into the same space, since you typically sit closer on a bench than you would a chair.
- Often pushed up against a wall, allowing the a larger table into a narrower room or corner.
- Can be more difficult for multiple guests to get in and out of the seating area.